Wentworth James Group Ltd are a skilled engineering and technical agency that supply blue and white collar personnel to engineering companies throughout the UK. We are currently looking for a fully experienced cnc foreman to work within one of our growing clients.
Main purpose of job
We are looking for a CNC Foreman to join our team, who will be required to programme, set & operate our milling and turning machines
To produce accurate, high-quality components with maximum efficiency involving the accurate planning of production methods and creation of programmes to customers specification, ensuring production of high-quality components in line with drawing tolerances and conditions.
- Fully skilled time served engineer/machinist with CNC milling and turning experience
- CNC programmer/setter/operator with experience of CAD / CAM programming advantageous
- Be willing to supervise and train others
- Used to working to fine tolerances with all materials
- Able to interpret engineering drawings
- Able to use a wide variety of measuring and inspection equipment
- One CNC programming experience desirable
- Able to work under own initiative
- Flexible, courteous, friendly and positive approach
- Discretion, confidentiality and professionalism at all times
- Eligible to work in UK.
Produce accurate, high-quality components with maximum efficiency.
Accurately plan the production method and create programmes when advised by supervisor to customers specification using available facilities
Ensure all programmes and data are saved at all times as per company procedures
Competently set and operate CNC milling machines using operating systems for each machine.
Undertake any off set or minor changes to programme to produce quality components to drawing limits/customer requirements.
Plan and specify tooling requirements for production, including any jigs and fixtures or special cutting tools.
Ensure machine processes are running at optimum efficiency with correct speeds and feeds.
To work to tight tolerances and check your own work during production batch runs.
Carry out inspection, including first-off inspection of others work.
Support and advise other employees when required in ensuring all operations are carried out efficiently and accurately to customers’ requirements, drawing tolerance and specifications.
Monday – Thursday 8.00am – 4.30pm
Friday 8.00am – 3.00pm
Overtime available at busy periods
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £35000 upwards depending on experience
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Machinist: 5 years (preferred)