We are currently working with a fast-growing Staffordshire company specializing in manufacturing micro finishing machines for the automotive industry for crankshafts and camshafts. Our client works with several formula 1 teams, they have even been recognised for significant contribution to a winning 2017 season.
We are looking for a candidate for the role of a Controls / Design Engineer.
· Responsibility for the timing and organizing of Machine Orders for electrical and preferably machine services content such as hydraulics, pneumatics, coolant & lubrication, ensuring drawings and stock lists are generated and released on time.
· Responsibility for the machine software, software programming and PLC / Electrical content.
· Must have the ability to able to create a machine manual including a knowledge of word to create a detailed explanation of how the machine works using example manuals as a basis.
· Liaise with the sales department and customers in the preparation of quotations.
· Ability to work under minimal supervision and able to work to tight deadlines.
· Cooperation in the development and study of technical machine solutions.
· To be able to communicate with customers, this could also involve travelling worldwide and Europe.
· Responsible for the commissioning of machines on site at the customers. This too would involve travelling abroad and could involve working away from home for set weeks agreed.
· Working closely with the project manager and shop floor foreman maintaining delivery targets set by the customer.
· Micromanage Machine projects from receipt of order to final build involving drawings done to customer standards such as Ford, JLR & Renault.
· Demonstrate Lessons learnt are being followed up to maintain that we improve the design of our machines.
· Work to ensure understanding of costs, timing and risk ensuring agreements with Customer are actioned. At all times be aware of the project status including timing and scope changes.
· Be able to support all technical issues having the ability to extract key information from all parties and break down the issue to formulate a plan to rectify.
· Report back to the Project Manager on project timing / issues or completion to feed back project final costing for analysis
· Proven background and history to demonstrate the ability to meet the customers’ demands.
· To be fully conversant with programming Siemens, Allen Bradley etc. to the latest specification.
. Electrical design experience would be a desirable but not essential
· To be fully conversant with AutoCAD and preferably ePlan as a design package for electrical and machine services. (training will be provided)
· Experienced working with stock lists, machine manuals and customers’ requests for documentation.
· Strong communication skills at all levels.
· Demonstrable experience of problem solving & implementation of countermeasures.
· Demonstrable experience of proactively driving through changes / cost saving within the department.
· Able to work on more than one project at one time due to a number of machines being built at the same time.
· Be prepared to work within our organization to support the implementation of common standards and working practises, the successful candidate will be expected to positively challenge existing working practises to promote continual improvement in these areas.
· Fluent in English and another language would be a good bonus such as French / Spanish