Job Title: Design Manager
Salary: circa £50K
Industry: Foundry & Casting Equipment
Wentworth James Group has engaged twith a new client and a leading foundry equipment manufacturer based in South, Staffordshire. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Design Manager or Senior or Lead Mechanical Design Engineer seeking a step up into a technical hands on managerial role. Ideally you will have skills within AutoCAD, Inventor and Vault
Located in Staffordshire we design & manufacture into a very niche market for foundry equipment with 90 % of our machines exported. This opportunity is down to an increase in market demand and the opportunity to develop new and existing products. This position is ideal If you have a strong design engineering background.
As the design manager you will be responsible for updating existing machines and working on new and existing product ranges with a strong partnership to shop floor and other engineering personnel.
We are looking for a design manager for our small team and are looking at candidates established with extensive Industry and Design knowledge. You will take ownership of Design Projects from start to finish.
You will be responsible for:
- Management of all design activities from concept through to production validation.
- The robust design of products in accordance with the department procedures
- Investigating design factors such as function, materials, performance, interchangeability, cost, operational efficiency.
- Preparation of Project Engineering data for new product assemblies and components, e.g. 3D / 2D Drawings, BOM’s, Technical Specifications
- Customer technical liaison on new projects, ensuring that the designs meet the customer’s requirements and often exceed their expectations and remain competitive to achieve sales growth and increase market share.
- Qualified to HND/Degree level in an engineering discipline, ideally Mechanical or Product Design
- You must possess a sound knowledge of mechanical engineering principles and product design processes.
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment