Are you a Project Manager with extensive experience managing and developing teams, and successfully delivering a large portfolio of engineering projects? Are you experienced in successful delivery within regulated, operational and safety critical environments?
Wentworth James Renewables are currently working with one of the UK’s largest utility companies, who are keen to continue their growth and development by expanding their project development plans.
In this role you’ll lead an integrated Delivery team, consisting of Consultant and Contractor staff, to ensure the successful delivery of multiple high-profile projects. You will be required to manage your team’s performance in a timely, effective, and fair manner in a constantly changing environment, whilst recognising where support is required.
It will be essential that your focus is on compliance with external legislation and statutory obligations, alongside undertaking financial management of projects to ensure there is accurate and robust financial forecasting and budgetary allocation, whilst always guaranteeing compliance with governance processes.
Building and harbouring good working relationship with internal and external stakeholders is vitally important.
What will your role include:
- Professional Project Management accreditation e.g. OGC’s Prince2 or PMP
- Solid and demonstrable experience of successful project delivery across a number of project domains and environments e.g. procurement, IT, organisational change.
- An ability to remain positive, with a ‘can do’ attitude and ability to find pragmatic solutions to challenges
- An ability to influence decision makers and drive change in the behaviour of others
- Personally credible and able to gain respect and trust from stakeholders
- Articulate and able to communicate effectively
- Strong negotiation and contract management skills
- Resilient under pressure and able to work in a constantly changing environment.
- Qualified in Engineering, Construction and Project Management to a degree level or have equivalent operational experience.
- Membership status of an appropriate professional body (e.g. APM, ICE, CIWEM, I Mech E).
What are the benefits:
- Competitive salary up to £50k
- 28 days holiday + bank holidays (and the ability to buy/ sell up to 5 days per year)
- Annual bonus scheme
- Fantastic Pension scheme
- Gym membership scheme