Planning Team Lead
We have an exciting opportunity to join a prestigious company as Planning Team Lead. Your mission will be to manage the flow of product from the suppliers and subcontractors and within the production plant.
We set the standard for quality, training, and technical expertise in the field. Quality and innovation have been the foundation of the company and together with our strong brand and driven employees, we develop the products that will meet the future demands of the lifting industry.
- Lead a team of 2 planners
- Manage supplier & subcontracting purchase orders for the Crosby Group UK plant:
- Validate and if needed, adjust ERP proposed purchase orders
- Monitor shipments to subcontractors and follow up on deliveries
- Take the lead in reported goods receipt issues (contact supplier if information is lacking or delivered quantity is incorrect)
- Check and if needed, negotiate material availability considering customers requested delivery date
- Production planning:
- Process and manage production orders, make sure that all material is allocated and issued
- Perform capacity planning in the ERP.
- Take the lead in solving issues when manufacturing order is not on track (mobilize and inform concerned departments)
- Manage consequences of priority changes (reconfirm manufacturing order and adjust production order dates)
- Analyse and manage long term capacity requirements
- When requested provide customer service with estimated lead time for manufacturing orders.
- Maintain supply chain master data:
- Supplier lead time
- Bill of materials
- Follow and act upon the operational KPIs.
- Weekly schedule adherence
- Overdue purchase orders
- On time delivery
- Stock Fill
- Days inventory outstanding
Required / Preferred Skills:
- Knowledge of supply chain, purchasing and production planning
- ERP – SAP
- MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Master or bachelor’s in supply chain field or business desirable
- Result oriented person with strong sense of responsibilities and pro-active attitude
- Customer focus
- Problem solver
- Confident communicator with well-developed interpersonal skills
- Assertive negotiator
- An international company with good opportunities to create international contacts
- Permanent contract
- Competitive rate of pay
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Full time – Monday to Thursday 8am to 4.30pm, Friday 8am to 1.30pm (37.5 hours)
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
If you feel you have the qualities and skills to succeed in this role, please apply today.