Plant Workshop Foreman’s Roles & Responsibilities
- Working hours are 7.00am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday less 30 minutes breaks unpaid per day. Overtime at time & a half is paid for all hours worked over and above 9 hours per day and Saturdays. This position is workshop based.
- This role is a hands on role to service & maintain all company construction plant equipment to a high standard with also being responsible for managing other workshop based plant mechanics yard operatives and apprentices.
- Must be competent in ordering replacement parts for workshop repairs.
- Responsible for weekly inspections on workshop equipment and recording off.
- Responsible for workshop and yard health and safety.
- Candidates must hold the NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Plant Maintenance & Repair and will also hold a CSCS card. Will also ideally have a clean driver’s licence.
- Must be experienced in working on excavators up to 30 tonne / Dumpers / Rollers / Excavator Attachments / and other related construction equipment. Candidate would ideally be experienced in dealing with AdBlue issues and will have worked on machines such as Hitachi, Volvo, Komatsu, Bomag, Thwaites, Terex, Kubota, Atlas Copco.
- Must have experience with carrying out welding and using oxygen & acetylene.
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
- Carry out fault finding, diagnostics of all plant equipment.
- Liaise daily with the hire desk on the plant and there requirements.
- Report any damage/misuse of any company assets to the plant service controllers (photos to be obtained for internal use)
- Carry out 6/12 monthly LOLER inspections on plant and equipment as directed by service and test schedules.
- Input information on services/breakdowns/daily onto tablet ensuring all returns and worksheets are up to date.
- Accurately monitor all stock levels within the workshop.
- Make sure suitable PPE is worn during all work tasks both on site and in the yard as per the controls in the risk assessments.
- Raise any concerns of H&S to the attention of the plant service controllers.
- Small van included and specialist tools but general hand tools must be supplied by applicant.
- 28 Days holiday per annum which includes statutory bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Salary between 34k & 37k per annum dependant on experience and qualifications