Wentworth James Group are an experienced engineering and technical recruitment agency, we are currently working with an automotive client who are looking for a Press setter/operator/Mechanical fitter.
We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and established power press fitter to join our team. This is a varied role where you can add value to the company’s growth.
The role will be supporting our operations teams by performing necessary breakdown repairs, leading PPM and reactive maintenance activity.
- Additional duties of the role will typically include, but are not limited to:
- Service and maintain Plant, machinery, and ancillary equipment to ensure the smooth running of production within the plant.
- Attend machine breakdowns and fault find any mechanical issues and basic hydraulic/electrical to reduce downtime.
- Support installations of new machinery.
- Liaise closely with your Maintenance Leader on maintenance issues regarding machine downtime, planned preventative maintenance.
- Keeping stock lists up to date.
- Fully supporting the Production Leader, Supervisor and Senior Operators in their efforts to maintain a stable and safe production environment.
- Physical and visual inspections on all machinery.
- Support continuous improvement of all processes. Comply with all H+S standards and procedures.
- Maintain in good working order, all personal tools, work wear and PPE.
- Actively get involved with risk assessments.
Our presses range from 40-1000 tonnes, including progression, transfer and 6-stage line.
Salary up to £38000
Hours Monday to Thursday 7.30am to 16.30pm then Friday 7.30am to 12.30pm
Holidays 25 days + 8 Bank Holidays
Potential career progression