Job Title: Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: up to £50K DOE – Plus Overtime & Annual Bonus
Location: Dudley, West Midlands
Industry: Steel Processing Machinery
Hours: Mon-Fri 8:30-12:30, 13:15-16:45
Wentworth James Group has engaged with a key client and a leader in Design, Manufacturer & Installation of Steel Process Machinery. Due to project and team growth a new opportunity has unearthed for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join on a permanent basis. This position will be office based, some remote working can be arranged if required. A background of process or plant equipment would be highly advantageous to hit the ground running.
Ideally you will have a background of Industrial machine design & strong skills using Inventor, Vault & AutoCAD software.
Outline of the ideal candidate
• An experienced mechanical design engineer, from the metal processing (bashing) industry for heavy capital equipment.
• Knowledge of tube lines, slitting lines, heavy fabrications would be preferred.
• Must have the ability to take control of projects and work under the guidance of the Chief Engineer to deliver quality engineering solutions.
• Understanding of Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD for 2D/3D modelling are essential.
• A knowledge of hydraulics and electrics would be beneficial, but not essential.
The ideal candidate must have the ability to take control of small projects, to deliver quality engineering solutions and drawings for the manufacture of steel processing machinery. This position will be office based, alongside a team of mechanical engineers, working under the guidance of the Chief Engineer. A background of process or plant equipment would be highly advantageous.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Design and conceptual work for a range of tube straightening equipment, as well as ancillary handling equipment.
• Create mechanical drawings to industry standards for manufacturing purposes.
• Make design decisions, such as tolerances and bearings, not simply detailing work.
• Work alongside Chief Engineer to ensure engineering deadlines are met.
• Collaborate with the various departments of the company, to ensure engineering requirements are achieved in accordance with contract commitments.
• Provide engineering support to overseas manufacturer’s right through to client handover.
• Liaise with clients and suppliers on an as-needs basis. This is likely to involve co-operation with our US office, on shared projects.
• mechanical engineering experience.
• Experience of the metal processing (bashing) industry for heavy capital equipment, highly advantageous.
• Demonstrate ability to work in an engineering drawing office, preferably with experience working on design projects from conceptualisation through to manufacture and delivery.
• AutoCAD 2D and Inventor 3D essential.
• Knowledge of hydraulics and electrics beneficial, but not essential.
• Degree or HNC qualification (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering advantageous, but not essential.
• Competitive salary + overtime + annual bonus
• Private healthcare