Job Title: Senior / Principal HiL Development Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Location: South Birmingham, West Midlands
Salary: £DOE plus Private Medical, Bonus up to 10%, Free Lunch (Mon-Fri)
Industry: Electrified Powertrain & Automotive
Wentworth James Group has engaged with a World leading Automotive OEM & an Electrified Powertrain R&D specialist based in Birmingham, West Midlands. Employment of 10,000 globally with exciting future plans opening up in new markets. We are seeking a Senior / Principal HiL Development Engineer on a permanent basis to join a fantastic team.
About the Role
Design and develop Hardware in loop system architecture, real-time models, test automation, configuration management, and mentoring the junior team members on verification and validation activities
- Degree qualified in a relevant engineering discipline
- 5+ years of automotive system integration and testing experience
- Strong knowledge in automotive hardware and software systems
- Strong ability to derive test strategy and simulation architecture based on system level requirements
- Design and development of simulation setups for control software verification and validation
- Experience in simulation model development and integration using MATLAB, Simulink, or other industry standard tools
- Experience in Automotive Power electronics testing
- Experience in python-based test automation framework and tools
- Experience of electronics measurement and debug techniques using DVMs, Oscilloscope etc
- In depth knowledge on debugging and simulation of vehicle communication networks (CAN, CAN FD, Ethernet etc)
- Automotive experience preferred but consideration will be given to candidates with relevant experience from aerospace or rail industries
- Have strong hands-on experience in dSPACE, ETAS,NI or OPAL -RT HiL systems
- Experience in vehicle diagnostic testing using vector tools
- Knowledge on Auto SPICE development processes
- Knowledge on Vehicle diagnostics standards and protocols like ISO14229 and UDS
- Familiarity with ISO26262 or equivalent functional safety standards
- Good understanding of automation, continuous integration and DevOps principles and practices
Duties & Responsibilities
Design, develop and maintain simulation test setups to support vehicle control software validation activities.
- Work with simulation team in plant model development and integration activities
- Explore and experiment with new implementations and technologies to meet project needs.
- Develop test methodology against system requirements, test automation, execution and reporting.
- Problem investigation and resolution.
- Supporting hazard and safety analysis based on ISO26262.
- Enhance the test automation capabilities to include more functional testing as part of regression testing activities.
- Develop new tools and test methods with documentation in line with latest trends in Simulation, Test and Validation field