Wentworth James are currently recruiting for an experienced Senior SHQ Advisor to join a well-established waste management company with ambitious plans for growth.
You will drive and improve employee engagement and the safety culture within the organisation by providing professional advice and support on all health, safety, quality, and environmental matters to all levels of employees within the business, meeting legal responsibilities and promoting best practice.
As part of this role, you will ensure that Integrated Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental Management Systems are created, implemented, kept and improved in accordance with the requirements of ISO standards. You will deputise for the SHEQ Manager and assist with developing safety policies, audits, reporting, analysis and outlining operational objectives, driving continuous improvement.
Requirements for the role:
- NEBOSH diploma or equivalent
- Environmental diploma or equivalent qualification and experience
- Up to date with current health, safety and environmental legal requirements.
- Management experience or looking to progress.
- Ability to manage difficult situations
- Knowledge and experience in Mechanical & Electrical Safety including
- Implementing and monitoring Permit to Work Processes
- Isolation and lock off
- Confined space arrangements
- Process safety, including PPMs and measuring ‘process safety performance indicators’
- Contractor control
- Positive and dynamic approach to providing safe and effective delivery of care.
- Understanding of transport management and fleet compliance
- Knowledge of ISO standards and management systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of working within and supporting and wider team.
- Able to take ownership of complex and challenging problems and apply innovative solutions, in line with legislation and company policies and procedures.
- Good experience of using ICT systems including Microsoft Share-point, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, PowerBI and Excel.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- Knowledge and experience in quality, performance, and continuous improvement desirable
- Knowledge and experience in Hard and/or Soft Services Facilities Management compliance desirable.
- Lead auditor desirable.
- Full driving licence
Why work for Bristol Waste Company
- Competitive basic salary £47,000
- 25 days holiday
- Development Opportunities
- BUPA wellbeing cash plan
- Employee benefits and discounts