Our Client is the UK leader in bespoke solutions to the Metrology market with both UK and Global customers. Due to retirement our client are seeking an experienced Software & Electronics Engineer to join their design team based in the Coventry office.
From one-off fixtures to fully automated measurement systems, our client meet the simplest or most complicated measurement challenge. Our client boasts a high profile customer base across the Aerospace, Automotive and Orthopaedic industries but also serve many other sectors.
The Software & Electronics Engineer will focus on the design of software and electronic systems. You will work with the Controls Manager and alongside the Mechanical Design Engineers and Technicians on a daily basis as projects are taken from the initial concept through to testing and then delivery. This will encompass all activities throughout the design process including:
- Understanding and interpreting customer requirements.
- The invention of novel ideas (concepts) to meet customer requirements.
- Critical appraisal of yours and others designs within the design team to ensure robustness of design.
- Windows software design in C++.
- Electronic design
- You’ll hold an HND/Degree in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Have appropriate experience in Windows C++ software design.
- Have appropriate experience in electronic systems design.
- Have appropriate experience in the integration of software with control systems.
- Experience of fault finding on electrical and electronic systems.
- An aptitude for problem solving and the ability to develop solutions for complex problems.
- Have excellent IT skills Desirable requirements.
- Have experience of industrial networking (Profinet or other protocols)
- Full time